Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Unleash!

What holds you back in your relationship with Christ?

Be honest.

Are you stuck in the performance trap where it seems like no matter how many "good things" you do, you and God just don't seem to be there?

Is there something in your past that weighs you down? Something you've done? Something that was done to you? Do you think that God just wouldn't ever be able to use someone like you?

Are you overwhelmed with where you are in life? Has there been something that came up out of nowhere and pretty much knocked you off your feet?

Ever felt like there had to be something more to this life? Something more in your relationship with Christ?

I've answered "yes" to every one of these questions at some point in my life. My relationship with Christ has been a journey. It's never been simply getting from point a to point b.

I recently read Perry Noble's new book "Unleash." (In stores today!) Having attended Newspring several times and being very familiar with Perry's preaching, I was really interested in how this book would stack up.

Let me tell you that you need to add "Unleash" to your reading list right now! This book is comprised of so many of the truths that I have heard Perry Noble preach about in the past. At the same time, it's a simple read. He doesn't use a lot of big "church words" or confuse the truth with lots of extra fluff. This a straight forward book on how you can unleash your life to reach your full potential in Christ.

I love that Perry Noble didn't make this book one big feel good message. He acknowledges that sometimes, life simply sucks! There's a lot of bad things that happen in our lives, but we have a God that is bigger than them all and wants us to live fully and freely.

I can't really do justice to everything that I got from the book. It definitely reminded me of those times in my life where my only option was to rely on God and encouraged me in my walk with Christ now.

No comments:

Post a Comment